Converting your pool into a chlorine-free, carefree sanctuary is a choice you'll rank among the best made for your household maintenance routine and overall enjoyment. Simply put, the BAQUACIL® CDX™ Pool Care System is one of the most beloved and easy-to-maintain chlorine-free pool care programs on the market. And making the switch is simple with a few basic steps. Check out the overview below and be sure to refer to page 5 of the BAQUACIL® CDX™ Pool Care Guide for additional details, including a helpful start-up dosage reference chart. Naturally, you can always get more information from your local Authorized BAQUACIL® Dealer about the conversion process.
Converting Your Pool from a standard BAQUACIL® System to the BAQUACIL® CDX™ System:
- Perform any necessary filter maintenance
- Cartridge filters - Chemically clean the cartridge with BAQUACIL® Universal Filter Cleaner or replace the cartridge
- D.E. filters - Chemically clean the filter elements with BAQUACIL® Universal Filter Cleaner.
- Sand filters - Replace the sand in the filter.
- Take a pool water sample to your Authorized BAQUACIL® Dealer for complete analysis. (See page 8 of the BAQUACIL® CDX™ Pool Care Guide for water testing tips.) If your dealer finds that your pool water contains metals, add BAQUACIL® Metal Control as follows: For every 2 ppm of metals present and for every 10,000 gallons of water, sue 1 bottle (1 1/4 lb.). Allow the water to circulate for 8-12 continuous hours.
- Add BAQUACIL® Swimming Pool Sanitizer and Algistat to the pool to achieve a 50 ppm level. See chart below for dosing instructions.
- Add the start-up dose of BAQUACIL® Oxidizer in front of skimmer. See Start-Up Dosage chart below.
- Add the start-up dose of BAQUACIL® CDX™ Product directly into skimmer. See Start-Up Dosage chart below.
- Begin weekly routine pool care. See page of of the pool care guide for further details.
||BAQUACIL® Swimming Pool Sanitizer and Algistat
||BAQUACIL® CDX™ Product
- Always read and follow product labels carefully.
- Always add BAQUACIL® CDX™ product immediately after the addition of BAQUACIL® Oxidizer.
- All plaster pools must be treated with BAQUACIL® Metal Control at a rate of 1 bottle per 10,000 gallons of water, regardless of metal analysis results.