Routine Pool Maintenance
BAQUACIL™ brand is all about chlorine-free, carefree pool care that fits comfortably into your routine - creating more opportunities for you to enjoy clear, sparkling water all season long. Naturally, some maintenance is required. But what you'll love most about both our BAQUACIL™ CDX™ and BAQUACIL™ AD programs is how easy it is to maintain once you've started your pool on this complete 3-step system.
Spotlight on BAQUACIL™ CDX™ System Weekly Maintenance
The BAQUACIL™ CDX™ System includes three key components that work together to save you time and maintenance: BAQUACIL™ Sanitizer and Algistat (step 1), BAQUACIL™ Oxidizer (step 2) and BAQUACIL™ CDX™ (step 3). Download the full Pool Care Guide for this system here.
BQ Clarity Tip: To maintain good water clarity, it's important that the BAQUACIL™ CDX™ product is added immediately following the BAQUACIL™ Oxidizer. Always add BAQUACIL™ CDX™ product to the skimmer with the pump running.
- On a weekly basis, it is recommended that you test and adjust your water balance readings to within ideal ranges (see page 8 in the BAQUACIL™ CDX™ Pool Care Guide).
- Be sure to use your BAQUACIL™ 4-Way Test Strips that now test for the presence of oxidizer.
- Perform the housekeeping tasks discussed on page 14 of the BAQUACIL™ CDX™ Pool Care Guide.
- When water balance levels are within the recommended ranges, follow your BAQUACIL™ CDX™ System routine.
1. BAQUACIL™ Sanitizer and Algistat
BAQUACIL™ CDX™ System Routine
- Check weekly and top-up if necessary. Add directly to pool.
- Keep sanitizer levels between 40 and 50 ppm.
- Do not allow sanitizer level to drop below 30 ppm.
- Refer to top-up doage chart in the BAQUACIL™ CDX™ Pool Care Guide.
2. BAQUACIL™ Oxidizer
- Add weekly in front of skimmer.
- 1 quart per 10,000 gallons of pool water.
- Refer to the BAQUACIL™ CDX™ Pool Care Guide.
3. BAQUACIL™ CDX™
- Add weekly directly into skimmer with pump running.
- 1 pint per 10,000 gallons of pool water.
- Refer to the BAQUACIL™ CDX™ Pool Care Guide dosage chart.
- Always add BAQUACIL™ CDX™ immediately after the addition of the BAQUACIL™ Oxidizer.
In regions with high summer temperatures or pools with a history of algae problems, we recommend that you itnroduce an algae preventative program. Use BAQUACIL™ Algicide or BAQUACIL™ Performance Algicide. Follow the label directions for a preventative algae program.
Spotlight on BAQUACIL™ AD System Weekly Maintenance
Maintaining your pool on the BAQUACIL™ system is even easier with the BAQUACIL™ AD - Automated Dosing System. Once a week, test your pool water with BAQUACIL™ 4-Way Test Strips to make sure the levels of BAQUACIL™ AD Sanitizer and Algistat, pH and total alkalinity are within acceptable ranges. If the BAQUACIL™ AD Sanitizer and Algistat level is below 30 ppm, top-up BAQUACIL™ Sanitizer and Algistat.
NOTE: Top-up doses can vary from pool to pool. Never let the level fall below 30 ppm.
1. Test the level of BAQUACIL™ AD Sanitizer and Algistat and top-up if level is at 30 ppm or below.
2. Test total alkalinity and adjust if it is outside the 80-150 ppm range.
3. Test pH and adjust if it outside the 7.2-7.8 range.
4. Check Automated Dosing System for leaks and product containers to ensure a sufficient level of product is available. If you need to install another product container, see your Owner's Manual for complete instructions.
NOTE: Thoroughly rinse product containers prior to disposal. You can download the full Pool Care Weekly Guide sheet for this system here.
General Pool Care
Maintaining a regular pool care routine is key to creating plenty of time for fun and relaxation in your pool. Housekeeping, checking water balance, sanitization and getting your water tested are all part of general pool care, items you can learn more about when you download our complete BAQUACIL™ CDX™ Pool Care Guide.
Here's a good overview of items to consider in this category:
- Vacuuming and brushing your pool weekly
- Running the filter at least 8-12 continuous hours a day during the season
- Cleaning around the tile and waterline
- Keeping the skimmer and pump baskets clear
- Checking the filter pressure
- Chemically cleaning the filter at least twice during the season
- Preventing algae, especially in regions with high summer temperatures or pools with a history of algae problems
Maintaining your pool water in the proper balance pays big rewards. First, water that has its key chemical factors in the appropriate balance range makes for very comfortable swimming, while even protecting your pool and equipment. Second, balanced water makes pools easier to maintain. Properly balanced swimming pool water meets the following criteria:
- pH: 7.2-7.8
- Metals: none
- Total Alkalinity: 80-150 ppm
- Calcium Hardness:
- 180-250 ppm (vinyl pools)
- 200-275 ppm (plaster pools)
- Total Dissolved Solids: less than 2,000 ppm
Your Authorized BAQUACIL™ Dealer carries the full range of BAQUACIL™ balance products, specially designed to make water balance adjustments quick and easy. As with all pool chemicals, follow the instructions and precautions on the labels of all products. Learn more about desired chemical levels when you download our complete BAQUACIL™ CDX™ Pool Care Guide.